Posts filed under 'Job Postings'
Corporate Communications Manager # 911629
Location flexible: Columbus, OH; Merrillville, IN; or Charleston, WV
Leverage strong written and verbal communications skills to strategically manage highly effective communications plans and tactics. Work collaboratively with NiSource executives and others in the NiSource Corporate Affairs Network to develop and execute integrated and highly effective internal communication strategies across the enterprise.
Work with the communications and online strategy director to develop and implement strategic, integrated communications and employee engagement plans and tactics for NiSource using current and future internal communications vehicles.
Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders including corporate departments and business unit communications teams.
Provide communications counsel across all levels of the enterprise.
- Provide communications counsel and support to corporate departments as assigned
- Provide strategy to drive and enhance delivery of messages by various channels to employees across the organization
- Partner with business unit communicators to drive consistent and efficient messaging
- Serve in a governance role over intranet project requests
- Build relationships and collaborate with key partners in the organization
- Provide backup media relations and crisis communications support
- Superior writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a corporate environment
- Ability to identify and segment audiences and monitor emerging issues
- Proven PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Proven skills and experience with website or intranet strategy and content management
- Ability to prioritize, deal with ambiguity and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective consulting relationships
Required for selection:
- Bachelors in journalism, communications or business discipline required
- Five to seven years of communication or journalism experience with emphasis on superior written communications skills and online media experience
- Experience in a professional/corporate communications environment
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and project management in a team environment
Preferred for selection:
- Public Relations experience
- Experience working closely and collaboratively with business partners with human resources, IT and executive leadership
- HTML, content management experience
- External media relations experience
- Utility or other regulated industry experience
- Basic photography and/or graphic design skills and experience
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply on-line at www.nisource.jobs on or before May 7th!
Branch Manager 1, 2 or 3- Charleston Main
The Branch Manager has responsibility for management of the entire branch. Directly manages two or more full-time employees, conducts performance reviews, selection and performance counseling. Ultimately responsible for driving branch performance results with a strong individual sales performance and through direction, leadership, and execution of superior service and sales behaviors and activities by the entire team in order to meet/exceed 100% of branch sales goals while maintaining an operationally efficient and compliant branch. Conducts outside sales efforts, as required, to bring in new primary relationships, while also maintaining and expanding existing personal and business banking relationships. Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Additionally, Branch Managers in In-Store locations are responsible for service and sales to include in-store prospecting, and assisting clients on platform and teller transactions. Responsible for ensuring that all business transactions and practices in the individual’s span of control comply with all regulations and the SunTrust Code of Conduct.
High school diploma or equivalent. Three years retail sales experience in a consumer or small business environment with leadership/coaching experience or two and a half years financial service and sales experience with at least one year previous experience in a leadership role. Ability to develop strategic plans to meet sales goals. Experience with verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact confidently with clients. Must have cash handling or payment transaction experience.
College level courses with an emphasis on business, finance or accounting. Three and a half years financial service and sales experience in a retail branch environment with direct supervisory experience or combined experience as a Teller Lead/Coordinator or Financial Service Representative or Assistant Branch Manager at SunTrust Bank or comparable financial institution. Knowledge of branch operations, policies and procedures. Holds insurance licenses (Life, Health and/or Variable Products) and/or holds FINRA Series 6 and 63 registrations; has maintained continuing education coursework to keep licenses and/or registrations in good standing.
SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Tamarack Foundation Executive Assistant position
The ideal candidate would have experience as an Executive Assistant in a fast paced, small staffed, development environment providing assistance to the Executive Director and Program Coordinator. Essential duties include day-to-day operations by providing administrative and secretarial support; participation in all development activities, programming and events; point person on social media implementation strategies; and, development of draft communication for e-newsletters and donor correspondence.
Also provides administrative support for the Foundation board of directors and committees as needed. Ability to use more advanced computer programs such as spreadsheets, databases and proficient in use of Internet and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, QuickBooks, and Constant Contact.
Excellent oral and written communication skills a must. For confidential consideration, please send resume and salary history to Sally Barton, Executive Director, Tamarack Foundation at email@example.com or to 3310 Piedmont Rd., Charleston, WV 25306 by March 1, 2013.
Seeking: Advantage Valley Business/Entrepreneur Coach
Advantage Valley, Inc. (www.advantagevalley.com) is an economic development organization for the greater Charleston-Huntington region. Advantage Valley is partnering with the W.Va. Small Business Development Center to establish and staff a Business/Entrepreneur Coach position. The coach, who will be full-time, will be based in Huntington and will work with entrepreneurs and small business owners in the greater Charleston-Huntington region.
The coach will provide in-depth business consultative services to start-ups, recently formed companies and established small businesses seeking to expand, diversify or attract new capital investment. The individual will work in close coordination with the WVSBDC and existing entrepreneurship efforts/individuals, such as those at Charleston Area Alliance, CAFÉ Huntington, MATRIC, RCBI, Chemical Alliance Zone, TechConnectWV, Vision Shared’s Angel Investor Network, etc.
The ideal person will need to be an independent self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and an in-depth understanding of finance/financial management, business planning, capital formation, marketing, etc. A proven track record as an entrepreneur or consultant to small businesses is preferred.
Individuals who are interested in being considered should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 11, 2013.
McCormick Executive Search, Inc.
Please submit resume in Word doc format to the following e-mail. email@example.com
Client: Global manufacturing company Locations: Sistersville, WVA – nearby towns are Marietta, OH and Parkersburg WVA.
Other job location is – Albany, NY.
Salary- base ranges: 75,000k – 120,000K
The Operations Finance Analyst role supports the operations team of the Sistersville plant and associated business units. The Analyst role is responsible for preparation and analysis of manufacturing costs and financial performance. The position will work to identify and drive process improvements to increase efficiency and improve financial results.
• Partner with operations leadership to understand plant financial results and drive profitability
• Provide cost analysis and insight to the sectors and business units supported by the Sistersville plant
• Coordinate month-end closing activities for plant related costs.
• Actively identify and drive Variable Cost Productivity projects
• Prepare analysis, reports and estimates to support regular financial reviews and all business planning requirements, including annual operating plan and other short-range estimates
• Coordinate compliance activities, including SOX documentation, audit support, account reconciliations, etc. Perform ad-hoc analysis as required
• Strong accounting/financial analysis abilities
• Excellent communication skills – demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams in a global environment
• Demonstrated ability to meet work and project deadlines producing high quality output
• Excellent prioritization and organizational skills to manage multiple deliverables
• Excellent influencing ability to meet/exceed business expectations
• Fluency in English required Strong PC and systems familiarity; excellent MS Office Suite skills
Minimum of 5 years finance experience in an industrial finance setting. Experience in manufacturing setting desired. Experience using the following systems: SAP and Microsoft Suite
Education: Must have BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
The Challenge Program, Inc. Seeking Manager Of Program Development in West Virginia
The Challenge Program, Inc. is a non-profit organization that partners with business to motivate high school students to excel both in and out of the classroom. This partnership creates good habits in high school students and provides tangible results to business for their investment.
The program, currently in its eighth year, operates in WV, PA and OH and has been presented to over 325,000 students. For additional information, contact The Challenge Program at (814) 533-7401, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position assists in the development and implementation of The Challenge Program, Inc. operation and fundraising activities.
Work is performed under the general direction of the Executive Director. The manager of program development is expected to identify new donors and organize initiatives to solicit funding and assist in coordinating school visits and events. The manager of program development is expected to demonstrate initiative, creativity, dress in a professional manner and present a positive image as a representative of The Challenge Program, Inc.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The program manager will assist in a wide range of duties including, but are not limited to the following:
- Developing a fundraising plan;
- Secure business ambassadors for school outreach;
- Create and sustain relationships with business, school and community stakeholders donors;
- Prepare and provide approved news releases to media;
- Assist in compiling and maintaining accurate contact database information;
- Schedule and coordinate events;
- Conduct orientation and awards assemblies;
- Prepare fundraising packets and information for mail-solicitation programs.
- BA/BS in business or marketing and at least one year of directly related experience;
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills;
- Self motivated, flexible, and willing to travel and work evenings, if required;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with education and business leaders and to establish and maintain a positive working relationship with other employees of The Challenge Program, Inc.;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with information related to The Challenge Program, Inc.
For further information or to submit your resume, e-mail Barbara Grandinetti, Executive Director of The Challenge Program, Inc. at email@example.com
Help Wanted: Controller Needed
Controller wanted for professional services firm based in Charleston WV. Successful candidate must have strong ethics, computer, financial, and human resources skills. CPA and/or significant experience preferred.
Competitive compensation package.
Send resume and salary requirements to:
Brown Edwards CPAs
P.O. Box 1988
Charleston, WV 25327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org