Daily Archive for November 13 2014
With business, government and individuals coming together through the Charleston Area Alliance to plant the seeds for a brighter and more prosperous future. We invite you to support our efforts in the year ahead to cultivate jobs and opportunity for our region with a tax-deductible contribution to the CADCO Foundation.
The Foundation provides much-needed financial support for a wide range of programs and services that help individuals, businesses and our neighborhoods reach their potential, including:
- SAGE, our sustainable urban agricultural initiative on Charleston’s West Side, which gives local residents the opportunity to become “agri-preneurs” and generate a new source of income – and healthy food. It is sold “hyper-local” at area farmers markets and eateries.
- The Alliance Small Business Incubator, which provides a professional and supportive environment for start-up businesses during those challenging first years of business.
- GROW, a “boot camp” for new businesses during which they receive one-on-one coaching, mentoring from successful entrepreneurs, educational sessions with faculty from the University of Charleston MBA Program and networking opportunities.
- The monthly ArtWalk, which brings hundreds to downtown Charleston to experience art and cultural amenities and support local businesses.
- Advancing “Imagine Charleston,” the city’s comprehensive plan and blueprint for downtown revitalization.
- Free music and lunch specials from local restaurants at the Alliance’s Brown Bag Concerts in Davis Park.
- Generation Charleston, the Alliance’s young professionals program.
- “Thrive,” the area’s premier crowdfunding event for budding entrepreneurs.
These are just a few of the visionary CADCO Foundation-supported programs that promote quality of life and quality of place to attract jobs and opportunity for our families and businesses. Less than 15 percent of the Alliance’s annual budget is supported by government sources. It is up to the private sector, both businesses and individuals, to carry the torch forward.
Your year-end tax-deductible contribution will help sustain the tremendous progress the Alliance has made in the past year and ensure that we realize the promises of a brighter tomorrow.
Donations will be acknowledged in our Annual Celebration program and in reports to our Board of Directors and community at large. You may also elect to donate anonymously.
To donate by credit card (at suggested payment levels), please click HERE.
If you would like to donate by check, please direct your check, payable to “CADCO Foundation,” to: Charleston Area Alliance, 1116 Smith Street, Charleston, WV, 25301.
For more information, contact Alliance CFO Debbie James at DJames@charlestonareaalliance.org
Don’t miss the next Business After Hours on Thursday, Nov. 20 from 5-7 p.m.
Appalachian Children’s Chorus will host the event, which will feature delicious catering and networking in a festive atmosphere.
The early bird rate is $15 for Alliance members and $25 for future members.
Online advance registration ends at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 19. Prices at the door are $25 for Alliance members and $35 for future members.
Business After Hours offer fantastic opportunities to meet the region’s leaders in a relaxed setting, all while enjoying food, drinks and entertainment.
The Alliance will be able to invoice only for groups of 10 or more. The Alliance cannot issue cancelation refunds within 48 hours of the event. Thank you.