This Wednesday, grab your lunch and head to Davis Park for free live music at the Brown Bag Concert. A Charleston Area Alliance program, the concert celebrates International Picnic Day, the work completed by Kanawha Garden Club and the city’s Municipal Beautification Commission in Davis Park.
It also offers people a welcome outdoor distraction during the summer. The concert is the one of many programs and projects to come out of the “Imagine Charleston” plan. Live music will be provided by Alasha Al-Qudwah of Qiet and Beth Summers of Snakebox. The duo will play an eclectic mixture of classical, eastern, jazz, folk, porch and chamber music.
Several Charleston restaurants are offering lunch specials for guests to enjoy at the concert.
The restaurants offering brown bag specials include:
- Diana’s Downtown Café, 180 Summers Street
- Timothy’s at Quarrier Diner, 1022 Quarrier Street
- Sam’s Uptown Café, 28 Capitol Street
- Mission Savvy Café & Juice Bar, 202 Hale Street
- Sam’s Hot Dog Stand, 211 Hale Street
- Swiftwater Café, 405 Capitol Street
- Swiftwater General Store, 301 Capitol Street
- Taylor Books, 226 Capitol Street
For more information and full descriptions of the lunchtime food specials, click HERE.