Daily Archive for January 27 2014
Last week was a great one for Live Well Charlie West.
April Hamilton of April’s Kitchen taught participants how to make Sunset Soup and other delicious, easy and nutritious lunchtime meals. Also, five workplaces learned the “ins and outs” of reading nutrition labels.
But all good things must come to an end.
This week, we’re saying goodbye to the campaign in a big way.
Live Well Charlie West, a Charleston Area Alliance program, is a month-long campaign dedicated to starting the workplace wellness conversation and providing connectivity to wellness-related resources to employ at your worksite.
Check out what’s scheduled for the final week of Live Well Charlie West:
- This Wednesday, don’t miss the final lunch and learn titled, “Is Tobacco Use Hurting WV Businesses?” This interactive event will focus on the impact tobacco use has on local businesses. Bruce Adkins, director of the Division of Tobacco Prevention for the West Virginia Bureau for Public Health, will lead the discussion. He will focus on the outcomes of a recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study, which focused on smoking and business impacts relevant to West Virginia. It will be held at the Alliance from 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m. The event is only $5 to attend. Register HERE.
- If drug use is a problem in your workplace, First Choice is here to help. Schedule an on-site management seminar to discuss how to prevent/mitigate/or improve drug abuse as it relates to your worksite. For more information, e-mail Stephanie@1stchs.com.
- Thinking about yoga or Zumba classes? Host a free fitness class at your worksite. Contact Adam Flack with WV On the Move at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take a second to talk about a moment or person that has changed your life for the better. Share your thoughts and be a part of the Live Well Charlie West #iamgratefulwv project. Your thoughts will become part of a collaborative mural the Charleston Area Alliance is creating online. See the mural and find out more at iamgratefulwv.tumblr.com.
- This Saturday, Feb. 1, meet the region’s physical activity vendors at the Active Fair at the Capitol Market from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Vendors will include Cabela’s. FOOTMAD, local Zumba instructors and many, many more.
- Live Well Charlie West is here to help while simultaneously building team relationships at your workplace. Register for the Corporate Cooking Challenge, which will be held this Friday, Jan. 31 at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. We are currently seeking teams of three to five co-workers who are willing to take on five mystery ingredients and create a healthy, well-balanced dinner in 60 minutes. Email Park at ParkFerg2007@yahoo.com to sign up or for more information.
- The Kanawha Coalition for Community Health Improvement has spent 18 months developing a workplace wellness toolkit, including local resources, to assist you and your workplace in developing more fully a workplace wellness program! Don’t miss the launch of the online toolkit at the Corporate Cooking Challenge. For more information, contact Judy at Judy.email@example.com.
For any Live Well Charlie West posting on social media, please use #LiveWellCWV.
For a complete calendar of Live Well Charlie West events, click HERE.
For more information, please contact Cullen Naumoff by e-mail HERE or call 304-340-4253.
We’re pleased to have featured Live Well Charlie West worksites including:
- Charleston Area Medical Center
- City of Charleston
- Security America
- Spilman, Thomas and Battle
- St. Francis Hospital
- United Way
Live Well Charlie West is a collaborative effort of many partners including:
- Kanawha Coalition for Community Health Improvement
- Highland Hospital
- Clayman & Associates
- Kanawha Pastoral Counseling Center
- WV On the Move
- City of Charleston
- Alzheimers Association
- Wellness Council WV
- Kanawha County Health Department
- Communities That Care
- American Heart Association
- The Counseling Connection
- Mark Wolfe Design
- Dream Creative
- Charming Charleston