Former West Virginia governor Bob Wise will headline the Generation Charleston Promise Scholarship Forum on Tuesday, Jan. 28.
Wise will be one of the panelists at the event, which will be held at the Clay Center’s Walker Theater from 5:30-7:30 p.m. The forum will be hosted by Generation Charleston and Generation West Virginia.
The Promise Scholarship is a merit-based financial aid program for West Virginia residents. The event will cover its successes, changes since adoption and a discussion on realistic improvements to further the goals of the scholarship.
The forum will feature a panel of guests ranging in various areas of expertise.
Along with Wise, the panelists will include:
- Dr. Paul Hill, chancellor of the WV Higher Education Policy Commission,
- Lloyd Jackson, WV Board of Education
- Stephen Kopp, president of Marshall University
- Lizzy Margolin, an attorney with Bowles Rice and former Promise Scholarship recipient
- Kristen Pennington, chairwoman of the West Virginia University Student Advocates for Legislative Advancement
The forum will be moderated by Senate Education Chairman Robert Plymale.
The event will feature refreshments. It is free to attend, but RSVP is required.
Click HERE to RSVP.
For more information, contact Matthew Thompson by e-mail HERE or by phone at 304-340-4353.
Generation Charleston: Live, Work, Play!