West Virginia State University Research and Development Corporation Job Description
JOB TITLE: Director of Advancement Services
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assistant Vice President for University Advancement
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Advancement Services will guide the Advancement staff in identifying and developing relationships with alumni and friends of the University. The Director of Advancement Services will be responsible for managing the Advancement database, establishing protocols for the creation and management of alumni and donor records, and the acknowledgment of gifts to the WVSU Foundation.
• Manage The Raiser’s Edge database to ensure records are kept up-to-date, accurate, and complete. • Serve as the liaison with WVSU Computer Services and Blackbaud to ensure timely database updates and record imports.
• Supervise and develop a strategy for the processing and acknowledgment of gifts, including cash, checks, online transactions, stock, and deferred gift commitments.
• Develop an active alumni recruitment strategy to expand the pool of qualified donor prospects by performing research, creating donor profiles, and entering information in The Raiser’s Edge.
• Support The President’s Office and other WVSU personnel with prospective donor research and presentations. • Develop reports that support the activities of the Office of University Advancement and the WVSU Foundation; train other staff members in generating reports.
• In collaboration with Admissions, Financial Planning, the National Alumni Association, and the WVSU Foundation, develop and administer an effective stewardship program for donors of current and endowed scholarships. • Perform other duties as assigned.
PREREQUISITE EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree and a record of successful professional work experience, including research, database management, accounting and financial reporting. Experience with higher education, nonprofits, IRS tax laws and familiarity with The Raiser’s Edge and online research tools are desirable but not mandatory.
SKILLS: The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal and written communication skills, the ability to handle long-term, detail-oriented projects, and facility with Windows-based computer software, including word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Please send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcript, and recent letters of recommendation from three professional references with contact information to: Brunetta Gamble-Dillard, Director of Business and Finance, West Virginia State University Research and Development Corporation, POB 1000, 204 ACEOP Administration Building, Institute, WV 25112. Questions may be directed to 304 766 4133. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.