Daily Archive for May 02 2013
Corporate Communications Manager # 911629
Location flexible: Columbus, OH; Merrillville, IN; or Charleston, WV
Leverage strong written and verbal communications skills to strategically manage highly effective communications plans and tactics. Work collaboratively with NiSource executives and others in the NiSource Corporate Affairs Network to develop and execute integrated and highly effective internal communication strategies across the enterprise.
Work with the communications and online strategy director to develop and implement strategic, integrated communications and employee engagement plans and tactics for NiSource using current and future internal communications vehicles.
Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders including corporate departments and business unit communications teams.
Provide communications counsel across all levels of the enterprise.
- Provide communications counsel and support to corporate departments as assigned
- Provide strategy to drive and enhance delivery of messages by various channels to employees across the organization
- Partner with business unit communicators to drive consistent and efficient messaging
- Serve in a governance role over intranet project requests
- Build relationships and collaborate with key partners in the organization
- Provide backup media relations and crisis communications support
- Superior writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a corporate environment
- Ability to identify and segment audiences and monitor emerging issues
- Proven PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Proven skills and experience with website or intranet strategy and content management
- Ability to prioritize, deal with ambiguity and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective consulting relationships
Required for selection:
- Bachelors in journalism, communications or business discipline required
- Five to seven years of communication or journalism experience with emphasis on superior written communications skills and online media experience
- Experience in a professional/corporate communications environment
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and project management in a team environment
Preferred for selection:
- Public Relations experience
- Experience working closely and collaboratively with business partners with human resources, IT and executive leadership
- HTML, content management experience
- External media relations experience
- Utility or other regulated industry experience
- Basic photography and/or graphic design skills and experience
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply on-line at www.nisource.jobs on or before May 7th!