The Mountaineer Energy Forum (MEF) and the American Petroleum Institute (API) will host a Mountaineer Energy Forum tonight from 5-7:30 p.m., at the Mary C. Snow West Side Elementary School located at 100 Florida Street in Charleston, West Virginia.
The forum, which is co-sponsored by the Charleston Area Alliance, will update the community on developments with the Marcellus Shale gas and related industries. The program will also highlight employment and economic opportunities in the natural gas industries and the education and training required for these jobs.
The Mountaineer Energy Forum targets middle and high school students, adults, parents, educators and other interested parties. Representatives from Bridgemont and Kanawha Valley Community and Technical Colleges, Job Corps and Kanawha County Schools will be available to discuss education and job training opportunities.
The reception will begin at 5 p.m. with food, musical entertainment, door prizes and give-a-ways.
The Mountaineer Energy Forum presentations will begin at 6 p.m. and will include presentations by:
- First Lady Joanne Tomblin
- Charleston Mayor Danny Jones
- Rev. Paul Dunn, First Baptist Church of Charleston
- Mark Julian, WV Deputy Commerce Secretary
- Deryck Spooner, API Representative
- Dr. Carolyn Stewart, Herb Henderson Office of Minority Affairs
- Rev. Matthew J. Watts, HOPE Community Development Corporation
- Dennis Xander, Independent Oil and Gas Association
The admission and food is free. The public is cordially invited. For information, contact Betsy DeBord at 304-345-1151 or Bonita Perry-Dean at 304-343-4673.