Daily Archive for August 21 2012
The Challenge Program, Inc. Seeking Manager Of Program Development in West Virginia
The Challenge Program, Inc. is a non-profit organization that partners with business to motivate high school students to excel both in and out of the classroom. This partnership creates good habits in high school students and provides tangible results to business for their investment.
The program, currently in its eighth year, operates in WV, PA and OH and has been presented to over 325,000 students. For additional information, contact The Challenge Program at (814) 533-7401, or via email at email@example.com.
This position assists in the development and implementation of The Challenge Program, Inc. operation and fundraising activities.
Work is performed under the general direction of the Executive Director. The manager of program development is expected to identify new donors and organize initiatives to solicit funding and assist in coordinating school visits and events. The manager of program development is expected to demonstrate initiative, creativity, dress in a professional manner and present a positive image as a representative of The Challenge Program, Inc.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The program manager will assist in a wide range of duties including, but are not limited to the following:
- Developing a fundraising plan;
- Secure business ambassadors for school outreach;
- Create and sustain relationships with business, school and community stakeholders donors;
- Prepare and provide approved news releases to media;
- Assist in compiling and maintaining accurate contact database information;
- Schedule and coordinate events;
- Conduct orientation and awards assemblies;
- Prepare fundraising packets and information for mail-solicitation programs.
- BA/BS in business or marketing and at least one year of directly related experience;
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills;
- Self motivated, flexible, and willing to travel and work evenings, if required;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with education and business leaders and to establish and maintain a positive working relationship with other employees of The Challenge Program, Inc.;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with information related to The Challenge Program, Inc.
For further information or to submit your resume, e-mail Barbara Grandinetti, Executive Director of The Challenge Program, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to get a big bang for your marketing dollar? For just $85, Charleston Area Alliance members can get their message in front of 100,000 readers by placing an announcement in the “advance sheet” section of the Charleston Gazette and Daily Mail.
What’s more, Alliance members’ ads will also be highlighted in the email distribution of the “advance sheet,” which is sent to 5,000 business leaders and young professionals, and on Facebook, Twitter and the Alliance blog. Details follow below.
“This new advertising package offers unparalleled value to Alliance members,” said Alliance President/CEO Matt Ballard. “We are grateful to Charleston Newspapers for its long-time commitment to our newsletter and look forward to expanding our partnership through this new advertising program.”
The “advance sheet” is a two-page business update published each month courtesy of the Charleston Gazette and Charleston Daily Mail. If you’re looking for maximum exposure in the state’s most popular newspapers, check out this exclusive advertising deal from the Alliance and Charleston Newspapers.