Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences
11:45 a.m.: Informal networking
Noon: Luncheon and program
Arts and cultural activities play an increasing important role in our region’s economy, generating $44 million annually in local expenditures and supporting more than 1,000 full-time equivalent jobs, according to one recent study.*
Guests at the next Elevations luncheon, to be held Thursday, Nov. 17, will go on stage at the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences for a special luncheon program featuring women at the heart of the area’s arts community who will share their perspectives on the role of cultural activities in creating jobs and supporting local businesses.
Speaking at the event will be:
• Naomi Bays, chair, Arts Council of the Kanawha Valley
• Traci Higginbotham, general manager, Art Emporium
• Susie Salisbury, vice president of community development, Charleston Area Alliance
• Judith Wellington, president, Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences
Tickets for this special event are $35 for Alliance members/$45 future members, through Nov. 11. Prices increase by $10 per person after that date.
Reserved tables of eight, which includes sponsorship acknowledgments, signage and program listing, are $500 for Alliance members/$600 future members.
For sponsorship information, contact JoEllen Zacks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 1,700-member Elevations Professional Women’s Network is presented by the Charleston Area Alliance and DOW. The mission of Elevations is to “enrich, empower and elevate women to achieve success for themselves, their businesses and their community.”
Attendees are encouraged to bring donations of gently used professional clothing, outerwear, shoes and accessories, which will be collected by Dress for Success and distributed to disadvantaged women entering the workplace.
* Arts & Economic Prosperity III: The Economic Impact of Nonprofit Arts and Culture Organizations and Their Audiences in the Greater Charleston Region (FY 2007-08), conducted by Americans for the Arts (www.AmericansForTheArts.org)