|The Union Carbide Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company, is seeking candidates for Chemical Process Operators at its Institute site
These jobs are responsible for operating equipment in an automated manufacturing environment where chemicals are being produced. Our Operators utilize chemical manufacturing knowledge and experience to operate and troubleshoot the plant in a safe and efficient manner. Employee engagement and commitment to EH&S improvements is critical to the success of the site.
– Utilize chemical manufacturing knowledge and experience to operate and troubleshoot technical equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Respond to system messages
– Set-up, tear-down and install hardware utilizing appropriate operating disciplines
– Formulate solutions and mixtures of chemicals
– Interpret test data and adjust process conditions as needed
– Perform minor maintenance tasks as required to keep processes operating.
– Understand the key process variables which impact product quality and consistency and understand how to control and troubleshoot them
– Participate in all safety programs and required training; demonstrate behaviors with a clear safety focus for all employees and the community; engage in all plant initiatives, identify near miss incidents.
– Serve on emergency/fire squad
– Ensure compliance with procedures covering safety regulations
– Develop a culture of empowerment- meaning working within the boundaries’ established through the work processes and technology that we operate at the site
· Minimum requirement of High School Diploma or GED.
· An Associate of Applied Science in Process Technology degree (PTEC) or relevant work experience is preferred.
· Demonstrated ability work in a team environment where individuals often set priorities and complete work activities with minimal supervision required.
· Strong oral communication skills and attention to detail required.
· Physical dexterity and strength is required. Must be mechanically adept and able to apply fundamentals of physical chemistry to properly operate, maintain and improve the performance of the equipment within their area of responsibility
· Must be able to perform all the physical demands of the process operator role (Climbing, Lifting etc.)
· Candidates should have a history of education or work activity that demonstrates an interest in chemistry, automation, and production methods
· Previous experience working in Institute manufacturing site within the Dow facilities preferred.
· Extensive work experience (3+ years) with complex machinery, including automated systems desired.
· Previous Fork Truck operation experience helpful.
· A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or Qualifying Asylee/Refugee).
Call (304) 747-7000 for additional information.