What steps can your company take to avoid the unthinkable? Find out at “Business Continuity and Disaster Preparedness,” one of three workshops to be presented March 31 at the inaugural Small Business Summit & Showcase by the Charleston Area Alliance and Frontier Communications. The workshops will be followed by the annual Business Showcase/Business After Hours.
Twelve of the area’s leading small business experts will share their insights on issues including crisis management, guerilla marketing, access to capital/financial assistance and social media during afternoon workshops designed for small business owners, entrepreneurs and managers who want to take their business to the next level.
The event features:
- Afternoon of workshops offering insights and tips to elevate your success
- Extensive Business Showcase featuring 40+ premier businesses and service providers
- Networking with hundreds of area decision-makers and small business owners
- Festive reception hosted by the Marriott
There are three ways to take advantage of this great opportunity:
- Register for the Small Business Summit, which includes admission to educational programming AND the Business Showcase/Business After Hours
- Register ONLY for the Business Showcase/Business After Hours
- Showcase your products and services as a vendor at the Business Showcase
The Small Business Summit will feature three panel discussions on hot-button issues affecting small businesses. Each panel will run from 2:00-3:15 p.m. and will be repeated from 3:30-4:45 p.m.
Registrants will be able to attend two of the following three sessions:
Small Business Sources and Solutions
Meet the pros who can connect you with help on financing, planning and other issues
Moderator: Kristina Oliver, State Director, WV Small Business Development Center
Kim Donahue, Small Business Administration
Tara Elder, WV Women’s Business and Training Center
Monica Miller, Main Street West Virginia
Kanawha institute for Social research and Empowerment (KISRA)
Maximizing Your Marketing Dollar
Learn on how to leverage social media, your website, earned media and other marketing tools to get big results on a small budget
Moderator: Larry Malone, Malone Consulting Services
Laurel Kirksey, YWCA of Charleston
Jim Nestor, Maple Creative
Brent Pauley, Terradon
Mark Wolfe, Mark Wolfe Design
Business Continuity and Disaster Preparedness
When the unthinkable happens, will you be ready?
Bob Roush, Frontier Communications
The Alliance cannot invoice for groups of fewer than 10 and is unable to issue refunds for cancellations received less than 48 prior to an event.