From July 17 to 31, 12 Warehouse District merchants will be offering discounts of their choice to all patrons. EEMS is providing “Warm-Up Walk Cards” for each participating merchant to distribute to customers taking advantage of the discounts. If a patron can collect at least five sets of initials from associates at any of the participating merchants, they can enter to win Warehouse District prize packs.
The Warehouse Warm-Up will kick off at the third annual Charlie West Blues Fest at Applachian Power Park at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, July 17. The Blues Fest will bring together some of the biggest names in blues music and promises to be a fun event for all ages. Visit www.wvbluessociety.com for more information.
“The purpose of the Warehouse Warm-Up is to showcase the great mix of businesses that are all located in Charleston warehouses and give the public an incentive to buy local and think of small business first,” said Ric Cavender, East End Main Street program director. “We have 12 unique, successful and historic Warehouse District businesses participating in this year’s Warm-Up. I encourage everyone to come out and participate in this two-week long event.”
The Warehouse Warm-Up also will mark the unveiling of the new East End Warehouse District logo, a result of a community re-branding consultation EEMS received earlier this year.
“We have a unique building stock in this district of the East End and want to showcase and brand it accordingly,” Cavender said. “With all of the improvements that have occurred over the past decade in the Warehouse District, we felt it was time help give the businesses the recognition they deserve. This is the first step in a long series of improvements that are yet to come.”
The Warehouse District businesses participating in the Warm-Up are:
- Kyle Furniture – 1352 Hansford Street – 10% off all merchandise
- Contemporary Galleries – 1210 Smith Street – 20% off all in-stock merchandise and special orders of furniture
- ESC Carpets & More – 1206 Smith Street – 10% off all merchandise
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 1115 Smith Street – 10% off all car rentals
- West Virginia Power – 1 free game ticket with a completed Warehouse Warm-Up Walk Card (minimum collection of 5 sets of initals)
- Pugh Furniture – 1320 Smith Street – Discount equal to amount of sales tax (minimum purchase of $499)
- Valley Gardens – 1109 Piedmont Road – 50% off all 6” annuals, Buy 3 flowering shrubs, get 1 free
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore – 301 Piedmont Road – 20% off one transaction
- Ferguson Enterprises – 160 Spring Street – Additional 25% off all lighting purchases
- Capitol Roasters at the Capitol Market – 20% off all beverages
- The Purple Onion at the Capitol Market – Buy one salad, get second salad 50% off
- Johnnie’s Meat Market at the Capitol Market – Buy 1 pound of ground chuck, get another pound for $1.
Warm-Up Walk Cards will be available at every participating vendor, and patrons must purchase something to receive them. Once they have collected at least five sets of initials, they can submit them to any participating Warehouse Warm-Up merchant.